Friends of Bill W. on Facebook

I signed up for Friends of Bill W. on Facebook and offered my opinions about AA. Here is a typical response...
I have been around these rooms for 20 years. Can't even begin to count the times I've heard that we are liars cheats and thieves. Your choice friend on what path you take. AA does not work for every one some die of this deal seen it happen with family and friend . I wish you well on the path you decide to take. We will be saving a seat for you when your ready .
Notice the assumption that I will fail without AA?

Comments

JR Harris's picture

Careful, the slime balls are brainwashed to go after your family. Remember they set up traps to do the following... "When you discover a prospect for Alcoholics Anonymous, find out all you can about him." BB Working With Others, p.90 "If there is any indication that he wants to stop, have a good talk with the person most interested in him -- usually his wife." BB Working With Others, p.90 "Under these conditions your prospect will see he is under no pressure." BB Working With Others, p.91

~You can not moderate the truth. Just don't lie, steal or make stuff up out of thin air and expect to get away with it without it being pointed out to you. It's really very simple.~

Gunthar2000's picture

My family knows that I think AA is a religious cult... and most of them agree with me.
AA is a religious cult dressed up to look like a treatment for alcoholism. Gunthar2000 http://tipsforhomelesspeople.webs.com/

I actually had someone say to me, face to face, that "we are saving a seat for you". I responded (as politely as possible) that Scientology and the Moonies are already saving me a seat but if that doesn't work out I may take you up on it. End of conversation.
la tortuga's picture

These pro-AA people are so arrogant. They claim you will fail and come crawling back on your knees begging them for help. It's the same old self-fulfilling prophecy ploy. They never acknowledge any other alternative recovery method and dismiss anything that is not 12 step. They want you to relapse so they can gloat. If you are successful in eliminating an alcohol dependency, you are labeled a dry drunk. They are so negative and judgmental. When it comes to AA, just say no. They can take that chair and shove it.

and my old friends who never got drafted too! The longer I am away the more cultish it appears to me. Creepier and weirder, instead of getting more okay with it, I am all the more not okay with it! LOL Hey it is beautiful out! A real spring feeling. The road got washed out and it's too soft to fix. Oh well, comes with the territory. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else today! Or anyone else. Life is grand! Happy springtime or what ever season is coming up for you!
DeConstructor's picture

Links to obituaries of the AA dead should be sent to them. I would start with the dead pool of celebrities created by Drew "Dr. Death" Pinsky.
DeConstructor's picture

Links to obituaries of the AA dead should be sent to them. I would start with the dead pool of celebrities created by Drew "Dr. Death" Pinsky.
criticoolthinking's picture

same one's i got off when i left

i get high on the sky!