Former Collier County Florida police officer Kyle Beiner busted, clean 11 months teaches Bill Wilson Worship - Aug. 2012

What does a Florida Collier County police officer do when he is busted for drug abuse and forced to hit bottom following the Jellenik curve? If you are former Florida Collier County police officer Kyle Beiner and have been clean for 11 months, your job prospects are pretty glum, so you become the director of the new St. Matthew's House of Sarasota a brand new Bill Wilson training facility. Talk about a drop in pay grade and responsibilities.....
Grads bringing hope to addicts By LISA MOORE Correspondent Published: Sunday, August 26, 2012 at 1:00 a.m. Last Modified: Saturday, August 25, 2012 at 5:17 p.m. As the director of the new St. Matthew's House of Sarasota, Kyle Beiner began a mission to help free other men from addiction. "It can happen to anyone," Beiner, 39, said. "This disease of addiction does not discriminate." The former Collier County police officer and family man used to arrest drug abusers, but later found himself arrested for the same offense. He has been clean for 11 months.
Read more: http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20120826/ARCHIVES/208261021/0/news0...

no one with less than a year of sobriety should pretend to know shit about it. especially parroting the same tired 12 step crap. typical propaganda.
Pennywise's picture

How so? I agree fully about the parroting 12 Step stuff, but isn't sobriety a very simple concept that even a small child can quickly grasp, i.e., just don't use?
"One turned up the other day calling himself Boniface." ~ Bill Wilson
JR Harris's picture

Most jails and prisons will not allow anyone with less than 2 years of documented sobriety to perform missionary and prospect raiding parties for prospects by the cult of Alcoholics Anonymous in jails and prisons. Many of the main positions in Intergroups (i.e. Treasurer, Secretary, etc...) require at least a year of sobriety and often several. With only 11 months of Sobriety, former Florida Collier County police officer Kyle Beiner would not be able to do much at an Intergroup or as a canned hunt prospect hunter.

~You can not moderate the truth. Just don't lie, steal or make stuff up out of thin air and expect to get away with it without it being pointed out to you. It's really very simple.~

Pennywise's picture

Yes, around here, per the intergroup, you need one year to go on canned hunts to jails. I don't recall if the requirement is different for detox hunts.
"One turned up the other day calling himself Boniface." ~ Bill Wilson
steve cochrane's picture

for H&I work. However it has been the norm that the 6 months gets you only to go along for the ride. There are normaly "senior" members that one goes with. It is not healthy. For anyone.
alkieanon's picture

Off paper, but then you have to put in more paperwork.