AA BULLSHIT BINGO

Do you keep falling asleep in meetings?
What about all those long and boring drunkalogs & endless war stories?
Get tired of the same old sloganeering, psychobabble and never ending Treatment Center ideas having NOTHING to do with the AA Program detailed in the Big Book, Alcoholics Anonymous”? Or how about members who are continuously bring up up the same personal problems over and over and over – the same defects – the same painful relationships – some for months and years on end?
Here is a way to change all that...

1. Before (or during) your next meeting, prepare yourself by drawing a square. I find that a 5" x5" is a good size. Divide the card into columns - five across and five down. That will give you 25 one-inch blocks.

2. Write one of the following word/phrases in each block... Such as:

Issues
Inner-child
Living Amends
Meaningful Relationship
13 stepping
Higher Power
God
Rock
Doorknob
Service
Basket
Steps
Fail
Die
Denial
Slip
Rarely
Relapse
Tradition
I'm Stuck On Step ___
I Couldn't Find A Meeting
My Sponsor Has Been Out Of Town
Powerless
Unmanageable
10,000 lb. phone
They told me
I want what they've got
Character defect
Get your self a sponsor
I sponsor myself
Carry the message
Resentment
Coulda
Woulda
Shoulda
Simple
Can't
Won't
Yeah, But...
But....don't you think
Who told you you could think
Misunderstood
Dollar
Dig Deep
Inventory
Ism
Never
Insanity
Revolving Door
Rational Recovery
Recovering Person
Spiritual
Religious
Searching
Gonna
Been thinking
She/He said
Dysfunctional
I heard
Rage
Anger
Feelings
Zombie
Fear
Coffee
Stale Donuts
Where's the toilet paper
Court Ordered
Court Card
Sorry, I ain't signing your card
Who wants to clean up the trash in my yard this Tuesday
We need a volunteer
Newcomer

3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those words or phrases.

4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, stand up and shout "BULLSHIT!"

TESTIMONIALS FROM SATISFIED "AA BULLSHIT BINGO" PLAYERS:

--"I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when I won." Adam W., Atlanta
--"My attention span at meetings has improved dramatically." David T., Tampa
--"Finally! I have something FUN to look forward to. AA BULLSHIT BINGO brought me back into the roomz!" Delilah Q., San Francisco
--"What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me after my first win." Dan J., NY City
--"The atmosphere was tense in the last 'Honesty' meeting as 14 of us waited for the fifth box." Ben G., Denver
--"The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed out "BULLSHIT" for the third time in 20 minutes." "Carnie" Joe, Miami

Play "AA BULLSHIT BINGO" at your next meeting...!!!!!!!!

PS: Bill W's pic (or your sponsor's pic) could be on the FREE square in the middle. Then after the meeting, you could recycle/re-use the bingo cards and get out the darts. It's TWO games in ONE! Fun for the whole family...

Comments

maybe she stole it from Orange?

Six or a half dozen of another...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Hi. I'm Rainbow, and I'm a belligerent savage...

Lovin' the edit button, Orange! I've been sneaking in on my not-so-original post and adding to its list. It makes the bingo odds better, a little more humorous (you know me - It's all about fun fun fun) AND more members are likely to win during the course of a long drawn out boring meeting. Imagine 60 interruptions of folks screaming out BULLSHIT during a one-hour meeting?

Every minute BULLSHIT.
From the bingo game OR the meeting, one might ask...
YOU make the call...

becket's picture

"Or how about members who are continuously bring up up the same personal problems over and over and over – the same defects – the same painful relationships – some for months and years on end?"

QUESTION: How is this any different than people who despise AA continually, endlessly, relentlessly bringing up Bill Wilson's painful relationship with Lois or his experiments with LSD or his alleged spiritual experience, or Dr. Bob's alleged child-beating, over and over and over and over, the same defects, the same incidents, on and on and on, ad nauseam?

ANSWER: It isn't. It's the same damn thing, turned inside out for amusement.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”
― Christopher Hitchens, Letters to a Young Contrarian

Absolutely true, AA bashing is continuous in this forum. It's a good thing that it isn't required or even highly recommended that people come here to find serenity or spirituality, etc.

Pro Empowerment!

becket's picture

This forum isn't about AA bashing. It's about character assassination of the founders of AA. It's about ridiculing the language of recovery. It's about mocking anyone who has a spiritual life, including you, avogadno, whether you know it or not. It endorses closed-mindedness. It's about frivolous so-called connections between crime and the program of AA. It's about refusing to take responsibility for one's own mental health at the earliest opportunity and instead allowing oneself to wallow in self-pity, "damaged self-esteem" and confusion. It's about victimization and a refusal to put the consequences of drinking or using in the past. It's about failure to move on. It's about blaming every other person or group or concept for the fact that a) you couldn't make it work, or b) you stayed too long. It's about blaming a couple of dead guys for your indignation. It's very much like most of you want to believe once you got in the doors of AA they were bolted behind you. Unless you were in lockdown, they were not.

There are very few people on this forum who write as if they actually have a clear understanding of the program of Alcoholics Anonymous, the original program, not what passes for it in treatment centers and halfway houses. There has been so much pollution of the tenets of the program that it is hardly recognizable by today's standards. There is no "90 in 90". There is no "avoid relationships for the first year". So much of this crap has been manufactured by "professionals" and integrated into the program that few people know what the program is anymore. If you were exposed to this nonsense masquerading as the program of AA then I'm sorry for you. If you were personally exposed to criminal activity at an AA meeting then I'm sorry for you. If you were an atheist looking for a solution to your dependence problem and you feel you were overwhelmed with a flood of unwelcome Christianity, I am particularly sorry for you. If you were mandated to attend meetings by a judge, I am sorry for you. If your life was affected negatively in any way by a mandated attendee, I am sorry for you.

The rest of you I don't understand. I find you to be parroting as effectively and as efficiently as anyone in AA. A cult mentality has grown around this forum, infecting the message that you were probably trying to convey when the forum first started. I find it interesting that so few of you will directly answer questions, as if no one is entitled to challenge you on your understanding of the program. It could be that the thing you protest so vehemently is not AA at all, or is so modified from the original that it all seems like part of the program to you. And for you, I feel sorry. But I'm mostly wary, because the way you approach your mission is through hate. I don't give a shit what patti says: hate is not good for the soul, it is not necessary to sustain life, it is not the inspiration that makes us do and be and create good things. It is corrosive and ugly, it is here and now, it is everyone here. It will come to no good.

Come on board now and take your cheap shots. Make fun of my vocabulary and my viewpoints and my length of sobriety and my (non)attendance at meetings. Come on back and tell me I'm full of hate, that I couldn't possibly understand what you went through. Forget that I went through it too. Forget that I have had my struggles in sobriety. Make fun of my admission that I have problems today. I know you want me to believe that you are all without a care in the world, that you are free of the 12-step nightmare, that you live outside the human condition, that you are blessed with a higher knowledge about the program.

The truth, as I see it, is that this group of people on this forum may be free of the desire to attend AA meetings or NA meetings any longer, but as a whole you are the most hamstrung, shackled people I've ever encountered anywhere. Of course, that's the truth as I see it. I know you have your own.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”
― Christopher Hitchens, Letters to a Young Contrarian

NoAAUK's picture

"It's about character assassination of the founders of AA."

When you start claiming that you are carrying Gods message to the alcoholic who still suffers and continually woffle on about 'rigorous honesty' and whatnot and that if people don't do what you say then its jails institutions and death then you need to be squeaky clean.

"It's about ridiculing the language of recovery."

Its about ridiculing the language of the Oxford Group Cult, anyway I thought you couldn't recover from AA's version of alcoholism? Stop constantly parroting BS and the ridicule will cease

"There has been so much pollution of the tenets of the program that it is hardly recognizable by today's standards"

Same BS 12 steps that don't work for anything including removing and obsession to drink alcohol

"It's about mocking anyone who has a spiritual life,"

becket you come across about as spiritual as an 'air raid' Constantly spouting slogans and cult speak is NOT a spiritual life.....it is just constantly 'spouting slogans and cult speak'

"It's about frivolous so-called connections between crime and the program of AA."

Don't you think people need to be warned about the criminals and deviants in AA, and what kind of people Frank Buchman, Bill Wilson and Smith really were?

"I find it interesting that so few of you will directly answer questions"

Now you are taking the piss, right one who always answers questions (LOL) I'll ask again, why can't God just as easily miracle steppers into being able to drink normally so they no longer have a problem? Does God remove steppers shortcomings in step 7 and if he does then why is there a need for step 10? How many miracles has God worked for you this week?

Come on becket admit, it you are just pissed off because we are exposing your beloved cult for the quackery and nonsense it really is and you just don’t like it

Bullshit Bingo about says it all LOL

......and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Matthew 24:11

How did you come up with that any one here wants you to believe that any one is without a care in the world or that any one lives outside the human condition? Why would you expect any empathy or compassion regarding your struggles with sobriety when you are so hostile to anti AAers & their viewpoints on this forum? Even you can't have it both ways Becket. You just do not make any sense. All you have to do to resolve your many, many issues with this forum & keep not coming back. If you keep not coming back you will not have to whine anymore that there are people that have different viewpoints & feelings than yours. Just keep not coming back.

patti

Becket, This may not be a surprise to you and whether you care or not I thought I'd let you know that I rarely read your posts anymore. Especially the long ones like above. I'm too tired and don't really care way what you say either. I did read a few of the responses however, and the only one I want to comment on is your supposed wonderment as to why some of us don't respond to your direct questions anymore.

It's simple really, I've answered you before. Although it's been some time that you've been really mean to me personally, your comments to my responses are always similar. You ridicule my experience and lack even an attempt to understand. What's striking is that I know that you have the ability of comprehending the idea of at least feeling as if you have been harmed, yet you show absolutely no understanding of the possibility with any of us.

Along with that, your snide responses to others and previous ones to me didn’t make me feel too good. I'm lucky to have found the ability to not care at all what you say or think anymore. All this considered it makes no sense for me to waste my time reading and responding to you most of the time. It’s a big blah, been there and done that.

Pro Empowerment!

NoAAUK's picture

Thanks I just asked about this AA Bullshit Bingo game a while ago. Its on the Orange Papers somwhere else. What about

"They told me" "I want what they've got" "Character defect" "Get your self a sponsor" "Resentment"

BULLSHIT.......................do I win £5?

......and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Matthew 24:11

They told me
I want what they've got
Character defect
Get your self a sponsor
Resentment

jonnijoy's picture

A friend in AA pointed this game out to me a couple of years ago. Shes an active member with 21 years sober. She said it sounded like fun. You see some AA members have a sense of humor even when they are heavily involved with the death cult® .

"My Sponsor Has Been Out Of Town"

HaHa. Now that one is funny!

I always thought the meetings should be set up like the gong show, and anytime you can't take listening to the crap anymore, you jump out of your chair, grab the hammer-thingy, and hammer the fuck out of it while you let out a huge scream.
There, that felt better...

Rainbow,
this is hysterical! LOL. Would certainly liven up meetings!

patti

I enjoyed the passion and anger in your comment above. Now, don't you feel better? I know I do.

jonnijoy's picture

MS Franny;I always thought the meetings should be set up like the gong show, and anytime you can't take listening to the crap anymore, you jump out of your chair, grab the hammer-thingy, and hammer the fuck out of it while you let out a huge scream.
There, that felt better...
JJ; I can relate to that. If the speaker sucked I would just walk out, no problem. At my old homegroup there was Bob. He was in his late 60s maybe 70s. He had the most time in the room. He never shared. When he celebrated his 40 year milestone he went up to speak. The guy was walking back and forth talking crazy and shit. He wasnt making any sense. The dude was nuts. He needed the gong.

NoAAUK's picture

"The guy was walking back and forth talking crazy and shit. He wasnt making any sense. The dude was nuts. He needed the gong."

Sounds pretty average AA to me

NoAAUK's picture

What about 'ego' thats a real stepper word