I made a real friend online and I NEEDED to "indoctrinate" her into a PROGRAM of RECOVERY.
I said RECOVERY - not cult based bullshit.
So I created it.
The Twelve Steps for Emotional Health
1. We admitted that we felt we were powerless over our customary thinking and long standing habits - that we needed to change our lifestyle.
2. Came to believe that people and resources outside of ourselves could help us to help ourselves gain a clear perspective on our own lives and take new directions.
3. Made a decision to take control of our own lives and to ask for the help, direction and care from other people.
4. Made a searching and fearless inventory of our own emotional health.
5. Admitted to to ourselves, and to another human being, what the issues are and what they are based upon.
6. We became entirely ready to do what it took to recover from the damage and to take new directions in our own lives.
7. We joyfully took responsibility for our own lives, asking for help and healing in the process.
8. We made a list of all persons who had abused and neglected us and we established the link between what had been done to us and what we had done to ourselves and what we had done to others.
9. We became willing to take responsibility for our own long standing habits and to stop from perpetrating the abuse and neglect onto ourselves and others.
10. We confronted the perpetrators of the abuse and neglect and transferred the responsibility for their own behaviour back to them
11. We sought through therapy, self help groups, study and meditation to improve our own awareness and conscious, looking for our own opportunities to improve ourselves.
12. Having gained healing and health, we sought to continually improve ourselves and to share the opportunities for health and healing with others.
This IS pretty damned good.
John Bradshaw - Healing The Shame That Binds You (Part 1) of 6
This is very good, but there are also some individuals who may indeed have no family of origin issues - and who do light up like christmas trees on drugs and sex and all....
It may indeed be a purely biological issue.
There may be some of use who have no toxic family and toxic shame - but for almost all of us, My program of recovery is WORKABLE and a whole heap of resources like John Bradshaw, and other therapists like Dr Susan Forward (Toxic Parents) etc. is very good.
He gets into the CORE issues.