Tired, Depressed, or Doped?

Comments

alkieanon's picture

An Unusual Instance of Governance: http://www.lewrockwell.com/white/white45.html "Last year, a book I wrote for young people (10 or so and up) was published by Boyds Mills Press of Honesdale, PA. Its title: Bill W., A Different Kind of Hero: The Story of Alcoholics Anonymous. (Amazon offers it at 30% off list.) I am happy to say my book seems to appeal, not just to school and public librarians, for whom, primarily, it was designed, but also to some AA members, especially those who have developed an interest in AA history. One AA, Mel B., author of five books about alcoholism and AA published by Hazelden Press has called it "the best quick summary of Bill’s life I’ve seen." I am presently working on a similar book about the other cofounder, Dr. Bob Smith. I find the personal histories of the two founders of AA compelling records of the possibility of a complete turnaround in "moral conduct or behavior" in the life of anyone who needs it desperately and will "go to any length," as AAs say, to get it. I believe their stories have much relevance for people in assorted kinds of personal jams today."
DeConstructor's picture

he just got out of the back seat of a car with Helen Wynn.
Pennywise's picture

This picture would have been taken shortly before he died violently demanding whiskey on his death bed...
Have you listened to your Arnold ZeDVille today? http://www.reverbnation.com/arnoldzedville/songs
JR Harris's picture

I believe that picture was taken shortly after finding Spirituality on an LSD trip and realizing that Helen Wynn didn't want him anymore.

~You can not moderate the truth. Just don't lie, steal or make stuff up out of thin air and expect to get away with it without it being pointed out to you. It's really very simple.~

btnben's picture

You can hardly hold yourselves back...lol. Eat you heart out Brad Pitt.

God damn it, get me a whiskey

Bill W, Deathbed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?source=patrick.net&v=Sdn3O6aaMNc

btnben's picture

Will make you look like that. Complete loss of the will to live...lol

Bill W, Deathbed

alkieanon's picture

Could be the next Old Spice Man. LOL!

This was how Marietta looked shortly before she became immobile and locked herself permanently into her shithole 400sf apartment. Except all the excessive medication did not keep the weight off Marietta. Maybe becoming a 24/7 troll on Anti-AA sites would have helped Bill feel better about himself?

Actually Penny I think it was 1967 with his biographer, Thomsen. "Bill Wilson, cofounder of AA, at right, and his first biographer, Robert Thomsen, in a 1967 photo taken at the Roosevelt Hotel in New York City. Photo by Tom White"

“That's a good attitude. You should hate me more, curse me more, and detest me! Then you should take the power of that hatred and use it to survive this rotten world.” ― Sorachi Hideaki

Pro Empowerment!

dorak nob's picture

barbiturates ,no I'm sorry I meant LSD he was always fucked up. kind of reminds me of jim jones and the people's temple
dorak nob
causeandeffect's picture

He looks drunk and ready to hurl at any moment to me. What was it that AA said about a secret that could ruin the fellowship if it ever came out?
"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves." ~Dresden James

Yes c&e, DDD (Drunk, Depressed, or Doped?) would have worked.

“That's a good attitude. You should hate me more, curse me more, and detest me! Then you should take the power of that hatred and use it to survive this rotten world.” ― Sorachi Hideaki

Pro Empowerment!

Did they really say that?

Pro Empowerment!

a picture is worth a thousand words and that one says it all
causeandeffect's picture

I saw that on the orange papers somewhere, Avo. I can't remember where.
"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves." ~Dresden James

K, me too actually. And I can't remember where either. Ignore other message pertaining to this :)

Pro Empowerment!

becket's picture

There is no attribution for the photograph. That takes it out of context. That means you are deliberately inviting criticisms of fantasy and malevolence. It's also bad form. Please credit the photograph with any details, or post a link so the photo can be put back into context. Thanks.
“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.” ― Christopher Hitchens, Letters to a Young Contrarian
becket's picture

So he was always fucked up on barbiturates? Those are your words? Please provide a link or document or some other form of evidence to corroborate your allegation. Thanks.
“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.” ― Christopher Hitchens, Letters to a Young Contrarian
Pennywise's picture
becket's picture

"What was it that AA said about a secret that could ruin the fellowship if it ever came out?" Please substantiate this claim with an unbiased source. Thanks.
becket's picture

OK, so here's a guy 72 years old in 1967, chain-smoking, on the circuit, and being pestered by a biographer (whose book, in my opinion, was lukewarm and "shiny"). He's in a suit and tie, presumably at the Roosevelt Hotel for a General Services Conference. These kinds of repeat appearances are grueling, even for a 40-something non-smoker who eats and sleeps well and gets regular exercise as part of his daily maintenance. If I were to guess, I'd say Bill is pretty worn out - bad road food, not sleeping well or at home (go ahead, take your cheap shots), debilitated from chain smoking and coming to the end of his run. Good thing none of you has ever had an unflattering photograph taken of you.
Pennywise's picture

That's a fair statement, Becket. Although I am much younger, that is probably how I look at most AA meetings. Still though, I am not sure Bill was sober. I say this because he demanded whiskey on his death bed. If he was so quick to demand booze then, it is likely he had the urge before when he was healthy enough to fetch a bottle himself.
Have you listened to your Arnold ZeDVille today? http://www.reverbnation.com/arnoldzedville/songs
Pennywise's picture

duplicate

That falls under the category of tired (cheap shot?), which is how I opened up the blog post. "Please credit the photograph with any details". Already done by Alkie only a few minutes after I posted the picture. I think he looks tired, depressed, doped, and also bored off his ass. It's not the most flattering of pictures, I agree.

Pro Empowerment!

in the future A.A will be made up of members like clara. 6 bloody beer pretenders

Brett

Clara's picture

It wasn't about Bill. It was in some sort of article that Anti put out about Marty Mann and that she was a lesbian. She got all of the info wrong oin her posts despite people trying to correct her. The lawsuit wasn't about Marty Mann at all, but another woman in the fellowship.
Remember Christopher Stevens when you vote.
Clara's picture

I think it is entirely possible that he may not have been in the present. When my father was dying, he thought my mother was still alive and that she was upstairs in her sewing room despite that we hadn't lived in a two story home for 30 year.s
Clara's picture

See what I mean, folks? No blog is apparently complete without me.

every blog, every post is over run with your billshit, you hold over 25% of all posts since you joined, now your using upside down backward logic, endemnic to all steppers, to twist & turn the point. fk off your not an alcoholic, ya can't drive. get a real job, bludger

Brett

DeConstructor's picture

since steppers celebrate everything Bill Wilson, why is his sobriety date not a celebrated holiday for them? Perhaps because it does not exist.
btnben's picture

"There will be future historical revelations about Bill's character and behavior in recovery that will be interpreted, by some, as direct attacks on the very foundation of AA. Bill often wished he could be just another AA member with no trace of notoriety. But such revelations will, in the end, only reinforce Bill's humanness and, most important, the extent to which Bill acted to the best of his ability to protect AA from himself. Bill W., My First 40 Years, "William G. Wilson" (posthumously ghost-written by Hazelden staff), Hazelden, page 170."

Bill W, Deathbed

JR Harris's picture

I thought they had a special group to do that for him?

~You can not moderate the truth. Just don't lie, steal or make stuff up out of thin air and expect to get away with it without it being pointed out to you. It's really very simple.~

spiritual serenity, after surrendering to thr marijuana maintanence program.

Brett

"Reinforce his humanness", lol. From the AA Dictionary, "Human": 1. Liars, cheaters 2. Philandering, sexual deviants 3. Thief Btw Ben. Love the comment "deny it before it gets out". I don't think it was Bill that wanted to protect AA from himself. The others wanted to protect AA from him. Too bad they denied a dying man his last wish. When I go, I.V. drip of Dilaudid . Tyvm

Pro Empowerment!

Ha, ha, ha, hammered again, I think it is starting to emerge & I know I'm starting to think old Wilson did not achieve or maintain sobriety. sober some of the time, drunk & high some of the time. sitting alone up @ stepping stones, isolated, alone, plagiarizing some books to sell to his "fellows" to pay the bills, sipping, gulping, then out in public sometimes able to be sober, sometimes not. wondering if this is likely the secret that could destroy AA.
patti
becket's picture

Update your repertoire of slams, skumbag.
becket's picture

I'm waiting in for the day when we get to tear your ass to shreds, patti.

Beckett, I printed & copied that one, definitely wanted that documented.
patti

Beckett, who is "we"? what "we" is going to tear my ass to shreds?
patti