What are the benefits of being a member of Alcoholics Anonymous?
1. Perhaps the longest lasting benefit is you get to attend the rest of your life.
2. god will perform miracles for you. Actually your higher power. But really god.
3. You get to admit that you are a powerless schmuck, not worth a dime, till you find god.
4. You get a sponsor, free of charge (maybe not) - psst, your sponsor is also a powerless schmuck.
5. You get a new religion that you are told is just spiritual, but is really a religion.
6. You get to call yourself an alcoholic. For the rest of your life.
7. You get to "inventory" all of your character defects (you really are just one, big defect)
8. You get to stay out of jails, institutions and prisons
9. You get a bunch of slogans to remind you that you are in AA (let go, let god-my favorite)
10. You get to do some 13 steppin
11. If your a female, you get 13 stepped
12. You get to relapse
What are some other benefits of membership in AA?