The Daily Bitch 4th March 2012

This is just a personal opinion, but I am getting severely pissed off with the trolls on here. They are going to kill off this forum if something isn't done about them. Trolls, like any other cancer, are best disposed of quickly. This forum was great fun and was really starting to grow until the trolls arrived. Clara and Danny are currently ruining this forum. What does everyone else think?

Comments

you need a meeting or a stiff drink; whatever it takes to curb your rage. I think this fixation on killing and death indicates deep psychological conflict. I think get over yourself, and how others behave actually has nothing to do with you except insofar as instigation and propagation, and maybe a stab at maturity and self-awareness might provide worthy insight into how your feelings have little to do with the "trolls" and have much more to do with the precious "troll" you nurture inside. lol?
becket's picture

what billybudd said!
“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.” ― Christopher Hitchens, Letters to a Young Contrarian

Yes, Ben. The snarky ad hom comment and its endorsement that you've had so far sums the attitude up, really. I wonder what their motivation is, and why these people aren't on AA sites encouraging those who feel this might be the answer for them, rather than posting so prolifically on anti-AA site where they're not going to convince or help anyone. Whatever their motivation is, it clearly isn't about trying to help people struggling to overcome addictions. Late here in the UK now. Back tomorrow on this (probably after the Spurs/Man U match!).
causeandeffect's picture

None of these trolls are working a good program, in my opinion. They certainly don't care about spending their time "giving back what was so freely given to them" nor have the "ceased fighting anything or anyone." The person who posted here a few days ago who was still drinking certainly had a much better "program" than these trolls.

===================================================
"I need a placebo like I need a hole in the head." Clark PA [J Law Med Ethics. 2002]

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11905269

JR Harris's picture

They are obviously not working their program. they aren't going to meetings, plus it doesn't take rocket science to use the built in spell checker on the forum.

~You can not moderate the truth. Just don't lie, steal or make stuff up out of thin air and expect to get away with it without it being pointed out to you. It's really very simple.~

Clara's picture

Given the mistakes that the regulars often make in their posts makes me again wonder why there is a double standard. I obviously don't care about it. You don't go to AA meetings anyway, and I probably have been on more AA sites than you know because you aren't looking! I agree with Bud.
Remember Christopher Stevens when you vote.
AntiDenial's picture

I agree with you 100%. I realize those that will disagree. But I do value my time, and I feel it is a complete waste of time listening to the trolls. Now I am not talking about people who just have a difference of opinion. I have seen pro AA people state in all sincerity their view. There is no sense they are on an anti AA site to disrupt. But TROLLING, which is a very disruptive hobby has got out of control. I think if someone has already been banned like Marietta and Danny, they should not be allowed to pop up within minutes trying to be incognito. Why should they be allowed right back on? Other forums seem to be a bit more vigilant. I guess I feel very strongly about Orange's work and message. I want to make a difference, and I want to see that new people who are really confused about AA, that there is a support system of sorts. Also while I am at it, a bit more of a user friendly format would be nice! Orange's work is making a difference, but it could even go to the next level. People who want to speak seriously on the topic I believe are turned off by the rantings by trolls.

"I welcome all allies in the fight against A.A. hegemony" -Orange

www.leavingaa.com www.expaa.org

NA DAYTONA Violent Criminals Mandated to AA and NA Meetings
http://nadaytona.org/alcoholics-anonymous-votes-no-to-protect-members-from...

JR Harris's picture

And really, explain to me how you can have a male AA sponsor that you tell everything too and it doesn't cause trouble in your marriage.

~You can not moderate the truth. Just don't lie, steal or make stuff up out of thin air and expect to get away with it without it being pointed out to you. It's really very simple.~

Clara's picture

Reprinted from another blog in response to Cause, but it hits it... You are wrong. It has been hugely informative to me. I have not been rude to you or anyone else. I haven't focused on one person and tried to make it all about them from typos, to how often they post, to the relationship with program or spouse... Initially it was just because you (et al) thought I was someone else that had been banned and that you didn't like. But even Ben admitted that he missed her. I disclosed a lot of information about myself that I do not regret, and I have honestly given my opinions and the basis for them. That wasn't Orange coming to smack down Clara. In fact, I went back on my posts to see what one you could have been alluding to when you claimed I had played the anger card against one of the nicest people you know. I can't find it. I haven't dissolved into petulance and profanity. I would never had presumed to have been able to control the moods of others so much. You would treat anyone the same way that disagrees with your stance on AA, yet the forum welcome opinions and they can differ. That's why I am here. I've learned a great deal about AA here that I never knew before as my sponsor doesn't go into decades of history. His job was to take me through the steps and he did it. I've learned about some alternative programs that seem to have some merit but some equally BS things. I am very much looking forward to getting the book that the good looker wrote that Ben seems to think beats up on AA. I learn something each day here. And that is fine!
Clara's picture

I'll tell you then when you tell me what happened in your marriage to make you hate AA so much. Idon't understand your obsession with me, but I'll play!
JR Harris's picture

You still haven't explained to me how you can have a male Sponsor and it doesn't harm your marriage. Is it an open marriage like Newt Gingrich wanted?

JR Harris's picture

She looks way older than 40.

Clara's picture

Me. And I am not 40 although I am not far away from it, either! Gee. weren't you promoting the idea that it was Carrie Fisher?
Clara's picture

As I said, you tell me what happened in your marriage, and I'll tell you! See, JR? It isn't obvious to just me that you are taking this so far beyond just talking about AA. People want to label me a troll, yet could you (et al) focus any more on me? Having an open marriage has nothing to do with AA, and Newt didn't want that. Calista wouldn't have permitted it. She wanted legitimacy after 8 long years of being the concealed other woman that couldn't eat out in public with him.
JR Harris's picture

Why did you make your current identity 2 years ago? Are you hiding something from your husband?

Clara's picture

Then why are you asking? You are the one asking all the personal, non-topic questions. I have always used my real name, JR, since 1997 when I first started blogging, and I disclosed it early on this blog.
JR Harris's picture

What other adultery does AA condone?

JR Harris's picture

And the look at the history tab.

Clara's picture

I have no idea if NG is an AA. What Newt does doesn't matter to me. It's not my business.
becket's picture

Then it's a good thing your opinion likely does not matter to any of them.
“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.” ― Christopher Hitchens, Letters to a Young Contrarian
becket's picture

After reading many blogs on this forum I think perhaps the built-in spell-checker got banned. Am I right?
becket's picture

What is the next level?
JR Harris's picture

I was just guessing who it actually was. It doesn't match the other ones of you.

becket's picture

Some women have enlightened husbands who can comprehend the idea of their wives having male co-workers, male friends, even male confidants. Their egos don't get all tied into "what's he got that I haven't got?" I don't read many posts from men on this board that indicate a willingness to support that kind of thing. It takes confidence and love. And no whining.
JR Harris's picture

They are breaking one of the ten Commandments you know. Have you checked Google yet? It is tied to your Gmail account and you can't delete it.

becket's picture

How sinister. I'm headed for the bunker.
AntiDenial's picture

I thought AA encouraged same sex sponsorship.

Clara's picture

I don't have a gmail account. Never did.
Clara's picture

It does. Doesn't mean that you have to, though. My sponsor and his wife have been very good to me.
JR Harris's picture

"When you discover a prospect for Alcoholics Anonymous, find out all you can about him. " BB p.90, Working With Others I'm not doing anything Bill Wilson wouldn't approve of.............................

JR Harris's picture

And you don't have a Facebook or Twitter account that is still active but unused in the last two years. You really should close them.

Clara's picture

Because you have nothing else to compare it to...
Clara's picture

sorry that JR hijacked your blog over me.
JR Harris's picture

I think it was made for this. So does your husband know about your "fake" online identities?

Clara's picture

LOL, yes, you are. The BB has suggestions for simply finding out if a prospect would interested in the program. You ask them to talk to you about your drinking. You are trying to make it out as if you are a cyberstalker. I have never had a gmail account, there are not online photos of me other than the one everyone can see, and I am not having an affair with my sponsor. But I do agree that you appear to not be wrapped too tightly.
Clara's picture

No twitter account to my knowlege. Sorry, JR. And I've said something on the blogs about keeping in contact with my network on Facebook, so no big discovery there. I thought everyone was on Facebook.
Clara's picture

No twitter account to my knowlege. Sorry, JR. And I've said something on the blogs about keeping in contact with my network on Facebook, so no big discovery there. I thought everyone was on Facebook.
JR Harris's picture

Why did you pick Clara Moorman?

becket's picture

Why do you do this? Why do you try to fabricate something out of nothing? Don't you have an engine to overhaul or cookies to bake? One more thing: do you realize you're all bitching in the future? Today's the 3rd, not the 4th (btnben).
JR Harris's picture

and the consequences of it...............

Clara's picture

No, it isn't. You are just trying to bully someone whose opinion differs from yours.
JR Harris's picture

Consequences - everyone has them for their actions. This isn't AA and it only appears anonymous. By the way it's actually a myspace account. Have you ever read about this? It will be Danny's downfall: FTC-Approved Company Will Save Dirt from Your Facebook Profile for 7 Years http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2387315,00.asp

she says he lashes out, gnashes and wails when the 100 proof tucky sour mash in his bottle goes dry. She said before she left him he would claim the "tea from her teats was weak" and would make outlandish accusations concerning passing acquaintances between merciless blows.
JR Harris's picture

Glad to hear it.

Trisha K.'s picture

Clara, JR needs to be reported to Orange. You are allowing him to become way to personal and it is going to backfire. He is being sexist, rude and down right nasty and this has got to stop. Take a screen shot of all the posts and send them to Orange. Causeandeffect, JR, ben, Anti, Ironic and others play this game very well. They lure you into a fight. Where you feel you have to defend yourself and in that reaction they hope you say something rude or extremely insensitive so then all of them will mention what you said over and over to capture Oranges attention. They will also use emails to Orange. I do believe Orange is just about burned out with there shenanigans but who knows. Get in front of this abuse that you are receiving. I know Orange in time will pick up on JR's sexists comments concerning you. Clara you are a good person.
“The more I traveled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.” Shirley MacLaine

sends her bitter regards
Trisha K.'s picture

This guy has literally reduced himself to being a crude troll.
“The more I traveled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.” Shirley MacLaine
Trisha K.'s picture

Have you asked yourself why you initiate snarky ad hom comments. Why you constantly condescend on a group of people who were invited here by the owner of the site. Why you can not adjust to the inevitability that Orange may want a good debate here. That it is healthy and wise for the web site to promote this. So when future members come to visit then can see the whole picture show not just your edited version.
btnben's picture

............. where I am. If you insist on living in the past, don't shout about it. People notice...lol

God damn it, get me a whiskey

Bill W, Deathbed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?source=patrick.net&v=Sdn3O6aaMNc

It is possible for a female to have a male sponsor without there being anything inappropriate going on. I had one. His wife was fine with it, my husband was fine with it. Neither marriage suffered for it. I certainly wouldn't reccomend this set-up for everyone (especially young women), but it's not always sinister.
"If I forget who I am, I am myself. If I remember who I am, I am you."
Clara's picture

It's ironic that you cannot come to a board and ask people what their experiences had been in AA, but it's all right for someone to act as if they are some sort of cyberstalker, and its viewed as a normal behavior. Nothing this man has said it true, and none of the focus has a thing to do with why OP exists. I think my questions have been reasonable. What happened to make you all feel as you do about AA. No one invited anyone to come back, give it a second chance or whatever. I've welcomed the opportunity to hear about alternatives and I am reading about what you've offered up. Exchange is great. Consequences for life is what happened to me before I got into AA and it all turned around. JR, you are not a part of that, and I just lit a candle for you.
Clara's picture

Always has been a troll with an obsession with a woman, but I choose to treat him as a sick friend and to remember that everyone has issues that have nothing to do with us.

I suppose the big question is, what is the purpose of the trolls in being here and what is their motivation? Marietta/Clara, for example, told me that she was not interested in debate, which is very odd because I would have thought that it was obvious that this was a discussion forum. They are absolutely not interested in talking about the real issues – the main overarching one being whether AA and its program gets and keeps alcoholics sober; the second one being about whether it is actually damaging and counter-productive for people seeking help with addiction problems. They tend to come out with irrelevant ad hom attacks and the usual tired AA insinuations that anyone who points out the obvious flaws in the 12-step programme must be drunk. I’ve been a registered member of this forum since its inception, but have only posted sporadically. About a week ago, when I checked in, I had made only two comments before I was subjected to extreme threats of personal sexual violence by Trace LIn (he had been abusive to women immediately before this, accompanying this with threats of ‘tracking them down’ and posting their personal contact details on the internet). He then had a spectacular meltdown and was begging to know how to delete his account – understandably, because online threats of serious crimes such as rape are illegal, and taken as seriously as they would be anywhere else. The weird thing was, though, that he was back the next day as if nothing had happened, inviting people to comment on what music he was listening to! OK, this is an extreme example, and Trace LIn is clearly a very disturbed person who has since been banned. But it is just one end of the troll spectrum. The others seek to derail the topic by changing the subject and trying to distract from the main issues, and range from passive-aggressive to outright aggressive-aggressive. They rarely try to give any positive or rational defense of AA or its program, which would be absolutely fine with everyone here (and actually I wish some people would actually attempt to do this, but few ever do). However, back to the main question – why? Is this their personal interpretation of doing their 12th step? In this case, wouldn’t they be better off on AA forums? Are they attempting to persuade people of the merits of the program? (I don’t think so, because there is very little attempt at rational persuasion.) Or do they see it as ‘my gang good, your gang bad. Don’t mess with my gang, etc.’? Whatever it is, they do not seem to take the matter of alcohol addiction, and the problems arising from the monopoly AA has in this field, particularly seriously. BUT, they could not continue in their mindless attempts to disrupt and distract if people didn’t respond to them. Too many people rise to the bait, IMO. By attempting to reply to off-topic responses, ad hom remarks, personal putdowns, etc., other people here are playing into their hands and giving them exactly what they want. If they are ignored until they come up with something sincere and sensible that is really worth engaging with, they will either eventually get bored and go away OR start joining in with some worthwhile contributions. It’s like bringing up a toddler, really – don’t reinforce the bad behaviour by rewarding it with attention. Meanwhile the rest of us could get on with discussing the serious grown-up stuff.
btnben's picture

Why is a question that they seem to hate. I've been asking "Last Word" Clara that since she came on here. She continually uses the "I've told you - look through the posts" ploy. Trolls know all the tricks. Beware of Danny Bennison. He was the Trace LIn and is currently Trisha K. A singularly nasty piece of work, but, according to another blog, there arranging for the police to get involved - where are you Danny? Is it Oklahoma City or Kansas City? Anyway, it looks like his days are numbered. Have you noticed the number of times Danny uses "we" and "us" in his posts. And the way he tries to allign himself with the other trolls? Not one of them will touch him with a bargepole...lol If he says anything to you that is out of order, post it and we'll get rid of him.

Bill W, Deathbed

Yes, I know all about Danny, who was Diablo on the Stinkin' Thinkin' site. Ironically he was someone I never ever engaged with there (figuring out very early that he was a troll) and I never made any comments about him personally at all. Still, rationality is not the biggest characteristic of such people. Yes, what's the 'we' thing all about - the royal plural? : ) What's the other blog, btw? I'd be very happy to add my own two cents (two pence?!) to their case.
becket's picture

Well all day long it was the 3rd here, btnben. Don't you consider the majority of your loyal subjects when you dole out a crumb? How many Brits are on this forum?
btnben's picture

.....through the third, so I thought I'd get ahead. I did think about everyone on the other side of "Big Water" but didn't really think it made much difference. Do you recognise this? "What miserable drones and traitors have I nourished and brought up in my household, who let their lord be treated with such shameful contempt by a low-born cleric?"...lol

Bill W, Deathbed

becket's picture

Maybe they're simply lazy and didn't want to do the work. No work = no result. Those who left after a decade or two may have naturally gravitated toward a larger life, but they still contend that they were abused, ignored, forced to act in ways they felt unnatural; they were lied to, cheated, exposed to outside issues, etc., blah blah blah. They have choices here. They can truly sever their connections with AA by divorcing these experiences and moving ahead and away; or they can become proactive in a responsible, respectable manner and work within the system to advance awareness of what they feel constitutes danger in modern meetings. That does not mean bringing all this information to a forum and playing ball with it. It requires real networking with people who can bring this information to light. If they were to do that, I believe it could be a good thing for AA meetings, because they have apparently deteriorated in some areas in the last 20 years or so, maybe longer. I understand the complaints about mandating and about corruption within the treatment industry, but bellyaching to a group of 20 or 30 people here does nothing but solicit strokes for the bellyachers. Is that the sum total of what the Orange Papers and this forum is about?
live_free_or_die's picture

I can tell you that there are 2 nitwits on this forum. Clara and you, becket/TRisha K. How many "personalities" do you have NB becket?
LFOD's Blog http://www.orange-papers.org/forum/blog/10857 ©2014 AA:MyNotGodHasItCovered® http://www.expaa.org/ http://noforcedaa.weebly.com/ http://12stepprograms.weebly.com/ NOT AA: Rational Recovery, SOS, HAMS
becket's picture

"They rarely try to give any positive or rational defense of AA or its program, which would be absolutely fine with everyone here (and actually I wish some people would actually attempt to do this, but few ever do)." Are you insane? That "would be absolutely fine with everyone here"?? May as well paint a bullseye on our shirts and wade into the fire. It has been repeatedly pointed out that this is an anti-AA site. Are you just interested in watching some of the more hateful posters here gleefully shooting fish in a barrel? Think again.
becket's picture

The fact - the fact - that you are so far off in your evaluation is so gratifying that words cannot express it!
btnben's picture

lol You said it.

Bill W, Deathbed

AntiDenial's picture

Some call it belly aching I call it activism. This website and those like it are seen world wide, and the wish to get the message out is happening slowly but surely. I applaud the efforts of people that are trying to bring awareness about the dangers that are in AA meetings. I certainly have gained much knowledge from the victims of AA practices. Some have to tell the stories for those that are no longer with us because they were murdered by there fellow AA member. Thanks again Orange for your dedication and bringing these valuable resources to help people break away from the grips of the AA cult.

Why do you post as becket and TRisha K?
LFOD's Blog http://www.orange-papers.org/forum/blog/10857 ©2014 AA:MyNotGodHasItCovered® http://www.expaa.org/ http://noforcedaa.weebly.com/ http://12stepprograms.weebly.com/ NOT AA: Rational Recovery, SOS, HAMS
AntiDenial's picture

I agree with you HS. I wish people would either ban again those that have already been banned. Danny was banned, but it took along time for tracyln to get banned. Then they are back even when and stay even after we know it is them again. I wish we all would ignore them. Please!!!!!

btnben's picture

"Ignore 'Last Word' and Danny" - who's going to get the tee-shirts made?...lol

Bill W, Deathbed

Becket says: "Maybe they're simply lazy and didn't want to do the work." Becket, what ‘work’ are you referring to here? I agree that overcoming addiction most definitely takes work and application of the rational will and mind. It will never simply happen overnight just because you want it to and think the problem will magically disappear. But can you be more specific about what ‘work’ you mean? It couldn’t be about the 12 steps, could it? Because these are completely irrelevant to tackling addiction, and any ‘work’ a person puts into these will not relate in any way to their overcoming their addiction problems.

Love the last couple of posts! Especially the toddler comment. It is getting a bit like stinkin thinkin with all the sad little no life's from stepper land coming over here and posting their puerile little comments every five minutes. Guess it goes with the subject. I found a lot of the shares in AA rooms to be pretty childish and to be honest the people making them would be shunned by normal members of society. There were a lot of men who were never going to manage the normal things in life such as forming a relationship with a women because they were simply immature . They obviously drank because they felt inferior and they embrace AA because it a place where they can air their crazy thoughts and be given an excuse of a made up disease for their actions. The meetings stay unbalanced because anyone who is truly getting well becomes fed up listening to the bullshit and leaves and so the crazies are left in a majority and carry on. At least AA gives these poor people that believe in higher powers and talking to themselves as a solution, somewhere to go ,but unfortunately as with any religeous group, they always want to defend their superstitious views and retard any progress that is being made. The world is full of crazy men with beards and silly hats who will argue with anything that does not come from a silly old book ,that was written before they were born ,which they are conditioned to believe in. They promote a system that relies on a lack of education to exist and always look at the vulnerable as targets for recruitment to whatever faith or doctrine they are pushing. The manipulated try to become manipulators and so the circle of ignorance continues. I think ignoring the mutters and trolls is probably the best idea ,and who knows, one of them may evolve sufficiently to post an interesting comment ,although as with any form of evolution ,this will take some time.
btnben's picture

As the compere at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe said "For all of you who haven't yet developed intelligent life forms, keep banging those rocks together"

Bill W, Deathbed

I noticed you have recently named Clara "last word". Here is a post form the e-SS site posted by the "old gray MAre". Please note the highlighted sentence. *********************************************************** by marietta » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:29 pm Hello, all, from unseasonably warm Virginia, When I sobered up, came to, began to disassemble the stone wall I had surrounded myself with, I realized, particularly in working Step 4, how much I absolutely thrived on a fight. Dukes up, all day every day. Somebody would just walk into a room and I would shout, "What the hell are you lookin' at?!" When we eliminate alcohol from our diet, the bad behaviors do not magically evaporate. It's still difficult for me to give up the fight - Irish alkie that I am. Heaven knows I love to beat a point to death and have the LAST WORD. Nothin' like bein' "right" all the time. But when I consider the "silly" slogans, like "Live and Let Live", and "Think, Think, Think", I derive direction from them - they're a part of my guidance system which shows me how to live in this very diverse world. They are like little soundbites that get me back on the beam. *********************************************************** ben, do you still say the MAre ain't CLar?

Pages