The Daily Bitch 4th March 2012

This is just a personal opinion, but I am getting severely pissed off with the trolls on here. They are going to kill off this forum if something isn't done about them. Trolls, like any other cancer, are best disposed of quickly.

This forum was great fun and was really starting to grow until the trolls arrived. Clara and Danny are currently ruining this forum. What does everyone else think?

Comments

you need a meeting or a stiff drink; whatever it takes to curb your rage.

I think this fixation on killing and death indicates deep psychological conflict.

I think get over yourself, and how others behave actually has nothing to do with you except insofar as instigation and propagation, and maybe a stab at maturity and self-awareness might provide worthy insight into how your feelings have little to do with the "trolls" and have much more to do with the precious "troll" you nurture inside.

lol?

becket's picture

what billybudd said!

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”
― Christopher Hitchens, Letters to a Young Contrarian

Yes, Ben. The snarky ad hom comment and its endorsement that you've had so far sums the attitude up, really. I wonder what their motivation is, and why these people aren't on AA sites encouraging those who feel this might be the answer for them, rather than posting so prolifically on anti-AA site where they're not going to convince or help anyone. Whatever their motivation is, it clearly isn't about trying to help people struggling to overcome addictions.

Late here in the UK now. Back tomorrow on this (probably after the Spurs/Man U match!).

Trisha K.'s picture

Have you asked yourself why you initiate snarky ad hom comments. Why you constantly condescend on a group of people who were invited here by the owner of the site. Why you can not adjust to the inevitability that Orange may want a good debate here. That it is healthy and wise for the web site to promote this. So when future members come to visit then can see the whole picture show not just your edited version.

“The more I traveled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.”
Shirley MacLaine

causeandeffect's picture

None of these trolls are working a good program, in my opinion. They certainly don't care about spending their time "giving back what was so freely given to them" nor have the "ceased fighting anything or anyone." The person who posted here a few days ago who was still drinking certainly had a much better "program" than these trolls.

becket's picture

Then it's a good thing your opinion likely does not matter to any of them.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”

JR Harris's picture

They are obviously not working their program. they aren't going to meetings, plus it doesn't take rocket science to use the built in spell checker on the forum.

~You can not moderate the internet. Just don't lie, steal or make stuff up out of thin air and expect to get away with it without it being pointed out to you. It's really very simple.~

becket's picture

After reading many blogs on this forum I think perhaps the built-in spell-checker got banned. Am I right?

Clara's picture

Given the mistakes that the regulars often make in their posts makes me again wonder why there is a double standard. I obviously don't care about it. You don't go to AA meetings anyway, and I probably have been on more AA sites than you know because you aren't looking!

I agree with Bud.

Remember Christopher Stevens when you vote.

JR Harris's picture

And really, explain to me how you can have a male AA sponsor that you tell everything too and it doesn't cause trouble in your marriage.

~You can not moderate the internet. Just don't lie, steal or make stuff up out of thin air and expect to get away with it without it being pointed out to you. It's really very simple.~

Clara's picture

I'll tell you then when you tell me what happened in your marriage to make you hate AA so much. Idon't understand your obsession with me, but I'll play!

JR Harris's picture

She looks way older than 40.

Clara's picture

Me. And I am not 40 although I am not far away from it, either! Gee. weren't you promoting the idea that it was Carrie Fisher?

JR Harris's picture

I was just guessing who it actually was. It doesn't match the other ones of you.

Clara's picture

Because you have nothing else to compare it to...

I agree with you 100%. I realize those that will disagree. But I do value my time, and I feel it is a complete waste of time listening to the trolls. Now I am not talking about people who just have a difference of opinion. I have seen pro AA people state in all sincerity their view. There is no sense they are on an anti AA site to disrupt. But TROLLING, which is a very disruptive hobby has got out of control.

I think if someone has already been banned like Marietta and Danny, they should not be allowed to pop up within minutes trying to be incognito. Why should they be allowed right back on? Other forums seem to be a bit more vigilant. I guess I feel very strongly about Orange's work and message. I want to make a difference, and I want to see that new people who are really confused about AA, that there is a support system of sorts. Also while I am at it, a bit more of a user friendly format would be nice!

Orange's work is making a difference, but it could even go to the next level. People who want to speak seriously on the topic I believe are turned off by the rantings by trolls.

"I welcome all allies in the fight against A.A. hegemony" -Orange

www.leavingaa.com

NA DAYTONA- Violent Criminals Being Mandated to AA and NA Meetings
http://nadaytona.org/alcoholics-anonymous-votes-no-to-protect-members-fr...

becket's picture

What is the next level?

Clara's picture

Reprinted from another blog in response to Cause, but it hits it...

You are wrong. It has been hugely informative to me. I have not been rude to you or anyone else. I haven't focused on one person and tried to make it all about them from typos, to how often they post, to the relationship with program or spouse... Initially it was just because you (et al) thought I was someone else that had been banned and that you didn't like. But even Ben admitted that he missed her. I disclosed a lot of information about myself that I do not regret, and I have honestly given my opinions and the basis for them. That wasn't Orange coming to smack down Clara. In fact, I went back on my posts to see what one you could have been alluding to when you claimed I had played the anger card against one of the nicest people you know. I can't find it. I haven't dissolved into petulance and profanity. I would never had presumed to have been able to control the moods of others so much.

You would treat anyone the same way that disagrees with your stance on AA, yet the forum welcome opinions and they can differ. That's why I am here.

I've learned a great deal about AA here that I never knew before as my sponsor doesn't go into decades of history. His job was to take me through the steps and he did it. I've learned about some alternative programs that seem to have some merit but some equally BS things. I am very much looking forward to getting the book that the good looker wrote that Ben seems to think beats up on AA. I learn something each day here. And that is fine!

JR Harris's picture

You still haven't explained to me how you can have a male Sponsor and it doesn't harm your marriage. Is it an open marriage like Newt Gingrich wanted?

becket's picture

Some women have enlightened husbands who can comprehend the idea of their wives having male co-workers, male friends, even male confidants. Their egos don't get all tied into "what's he got that I haven't got?" I don't read many posts from men on this board that indicate a willingness to support that kind of thing. It takes confidence and love. And no whining.

I thought AA encouraged same sex sponsorship.

"I welcome all allies in the fight against A.A. hegemony" -Orange

www.leavingaa.com

NA DAYTONA- Violent Criminals Being Mandated to AA and NA Meetings
http://nadaytona.org/alcoholics-anonymous-votes-no-to-protect-members-fr...

Clara's picture

It does. Doesn't mean that you have to, though. My sponsor and his wife have been very good to me.

It is possible for a female to have a male sponsor without there being anything inappropriate going on. I had one. His wife was fine with it, my husband was fine with it. Neither marriage suffered for it. I certainly wouldn't reccomend this set-up for everyone (especially young women), but it's not always sinister.

"If I forget who I am, I am myself. If I remember who I am, I am you."

Trisha K.'s picture

Clara, JR needs to be reported to Orange. You are allowing him to become way to personal and it is going to backfire. He is being sexist, rude and down right nasty and this has got to stop. Take a screen shot of all the posts and send them to Orange.
Causeandeffect, JR, ben, Anti, Ironic and others play this game very well. They lure you into a fight. Where you feel you have to defend yourself and in that reaction they hope you say something rude or extremely insensitive so then all of them will mention what you said over and over to capture Oranges attention. They will also use emails to Orange. I do believe Orange is just about burned out with there shenanigans but who knows.
Get in front of this abuse that you are receiving. I know Orange in time will pick up on JR's sexists comments concerning you. Clara you are a good person.

“The more I traveled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.”
Shirley MacLaine

Clara's picture

As I said, you tell me what happened in your marriage, and I'll tell you! See, JR? It isn't obvious to just me that you are taking this so far beyond just talking about AA. People want to label me a troll, yet could you (et al) focus any more on me? Having an open marriage has nothing to do with AA, and Newt didn't want that. Calista wouldn't have permitted it. She wanted legitimacy after 8 long years of being the concealed other woman that couldn't eat out in public with him.

JR Harris's picture

Why did you make your current identity 2 years ago? Are you hiding something from your husband?

Clara's picture

Then why are you asking? You are the one asking all the personal, non-topic questions. I have always used my real name, JR, since 1997 when I first started blogging, and I disclosed it early on this blog.

JR Harris's picture

And the look at the history tab.

JR Harris's picture

What other adultery does AA condone?

Clara's picture

I have no idea if NG is an AA. What Newt does doesn't matter to me. It's not my business.

JR Harris's picture

They are breaking one of the ten Commandments you know. Have you checked Google yet? It is tied to your Gmail account and you can't delete it.

becket's picture

How sinister. I'm headed for the bunker.

JR Harris's picture

"When you discover a prospect for Alcoholics Anonymous, find out all you can about him. " BB p.90, Working With Others

I'm not doing anything Bill Wilson wouldn't approve of.............................

Clara's picture

LOL, yes, you are. The BB has suggestions for simply finding out if a prospect would interested in the program. You ask them to talk to you about your drinking. You are trying to make it out as if you are a cyberstalker. I have never had a gmail account, there are not online photos of me other than the one everyone can see, and I am not having an affair with my sponsor. But I do agree that you appear to not be wrapped too tightly.

JR Harris's picture

Why did you pick Clara Moorman?

Clara's picture

I don't have a gmail account. Never did.

JR Harris's picture

And you don't have a Facebook or Twitter account that is still active but unused in the last two years. You really should close them.

Clara's picture

No twitter account to my knowlege. Sorry, JR. And I've said something on the blogs about keeping in contact with my network on Facebook, so no big discovery there. I thought everyone was on Facebook.

Clara's picture

No twitter account to my knowlege. Sorry, JR. And I've said something on the blogs about keeping in contact with my network on Facebook, so no big discovery there. I thought everyone was on Facebook.

Clara's picture

sorry that JR hijacked your blog over me.

JR Harris's picture

I think it was made for this. So does your husband know about your "fake" online identities?

becket's picture

Why do you do this? Why do you try to fabricate something out of nothing? Don't you have an engine to overhaul or cookies to bake?

One more thing: do you realize you're all bitching in the future? Today's the 3rd, not the 4th (btnben).

JR Harris's picture

and the consequences of it...............

Clara's picture

No, it isn't. You are just trying to bully someone whose opinion differs from yours.

JR Harris's picture

Consequences - everyone has them for their actions. This isn't AA and it only appears anonymous.

By the way it's actually a myspace account.

Have you ever read about this? It will be Danny's downfall:

FTC-Approved Company Will Save Dirt from Your Facebook Profile for 7 Years
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2387315,00.asp

Trisha K.'s picture

This guy has literally reduced himself to being a crude troll.

Shirley MacLaine

Clara's picture

Always has been a troll with an obsession with a woman, but I choose to treat him as a sick friend and to remember that everyone has issues that have nothing to do with us.

............. where I am. If you insist on living in the past, don't shout about it. People notice...lol

God damn it, get me a whiskey

Bill W, Deathbed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?source=patrick.net&v=Sdn3O6aaMNc

becket's picture

Well all day long it was the 3rd here, btnben. Don't you consider the majority of your loyal subjects when you dole out a crumb? How many Brits are on this forum?

.....through the third, so I thought I'd get ahead. I did think about everyone on the other side of "Big Water" but didn't really think it made much difference.

Do you recognise this?

"What miserable drones and traitors have I nourished and brought up in my household, who let their lord be treated with such shameful contempt by a low-born cleric?"...lol

God damn it, get me a whiskey

Bill W, Deathbed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?source=patrick.net&v=Sdn3O6aaMNc

Pages