I am paraphrasing all of quotes to stay away from speaking AA.
The most dangerous chapter in the Big Book is Chapter 7 (not a very lucky number) is entitled "WORKING WITH OTHERS" pages 89 to 103. This is the chapter that is studied heavily by a stepper so they can become a Sponsor. They will underline phrases in it to understand how they can make someone a permanent member of AA. If you have a sponsor you may want to find out what passages they have underlined to access how they got into your life and the tactics they used.
* Start helping other Alcoholics so that it can help in your recovery.
* Secure their confidence.
* Alcoholics are are very ill.
* Have frequent contact with newcomers.
* If you can not find any Alcoholics to save go to doctors, ministers, priests or hospitals. They will be more than happy to assist you.
* You are only trying to be helpful (notice the contradiction from the first key point)
* Discover a Prospect.
* Find out all about them (research)
* If there is any indication that they want to join AA talk to the spouse. (research through the family)
* Find out his background, behavior, problems and religious affiliation.(Research prospect)
* Use this information to formulate a plan to get them to join. (Decide how to get them to join AA)
* Wait until they go on a binge to contact them. (They are vulnerable at this stage)
* Make them believe you are the only one that can help them.
* Make hints to the family on how to handle him, leave a BB where they can find it. (leave bait for the new prospect)
* Urge the family to not be over anxious that might spoil yor plans. (getting the family envolved again)
* Usually the best person to get involved is a doctor or institution (try to get them into rehab)
* If he gets to rehab, try and see him when he is thier still jittery (he's vulnerable, you put him there and make sure you are he realizes you are his only way out.)
* See your prospect alone if possible. (No one to interfere and no witnesses)
* Get him to tell you some of his drinking stories (more research)
* Tell him you are an alcoholic and understand him. (gain their confidence)
* If you decide they are an Alcoholic continue (you have found a good prospect)
* Tell them that they have a fatal disease and doctors won't tell them that (they have you alone and no witnesses)
* Hopefully their Doctor will tell them they are an alcoholic (if the Doctor that you actually sent him to agrees the better)
* Tell him about yourself (alone and gain his confidence)
* Stress Spirituality (get him to join AA)
* Tell him its Spiritual and not Religious (bait and switch, confuse him with terms)
* Tell him about a Higher Power (stress its not religious)
* Tell him they can use their own Religion if they have one (obvious contradiction from above)
* Outline a plan of action on trying to make them to join AA (Planning next steps)
* Tell him your doing this to help your recovery (play on his empathy)
* Tell him it will make everyone around him happy. (play on his empathy)
* Let them rebel if they want to (don't push, you have him on the hook good)
* Try to lend him a copy of your book . (leave bait for the new prospect)
* Let the prospect think about it for a while (give him some line so you can set the hook real good)
* Let him go on a few more binges, he'll come back after he hurts for a while. (wait to set the hook)
* Hopefully he will find God (religion)
* Tell him that if he does not join he will face the consequences (death)
* If your prospect doesn't take the hook, its OK just go find another prospect, (take your time, they'll come crawling back)
* If they come back make sure they read the book (give out more bait)
* Don't give any money any kind of aid unless you can afford it (AA doesn't pay it's new salesmen anything)
* If the prospect doesn't bite on his own try and get him to hit bottom and get him committed to a rehab.( go the doctor route)
* Be nice to the family and let them know you are there to help.(get to them through the family)
Sorry I can't finish outlining this piece. These last 5 pages outline how to get them to believe in GOD and play with them and their families more.This is the most vile document I have ever read.